Sunday, May 26, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF, Upstate Receive Technology Accelerator Award
- ESF College Foundation Honors Miller for Teaching Achievement
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
ESF Centennial Seminar Series Begins
One-credit course highlights College history
The ESF Centennial Seminar, a one-credit course that highlights the College's history during its Centennial year, begins Feb. 14 in 213 Marshall Hall.
Seminar sessions will be held 4 to 5:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through March 9.
Topics covered during the seminar include the history of the college; the college's relationship with Franklin Delano Roosevelt; famed alumnus Robert Marshall, a noted outdoorsman whose father, Louis, was instrumental in founding the college; trends in the department of environmental and forest biology, the largest academic department on campus; models for community engagement and professional collaboration; ESF's energy resources; 100 years of the American Wildlife Conservation Foundation; and ESF in the future.