Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Library Receives I2NY Library as Publisher Innovator Grant
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester program
- ESF Celebrates December Convocation
- Student Team Wins $50,000 in Commercialization Competition
- Professor Ramarao Honored With Andrew Chase Award
Two ESF Students Volunteer in Honduras
EFB majors will participate in Operation Wallacea
Two ESF students are preparing for a trip to Honduras this summer to participate in a conservation program called Operation Wallacea. They will work with local farmers and community groups to focus attention on the conservation of natural resources.
Nina Fabrega and Kaley Donovan will begin the trip by learning how to survive in a tropical rain forest.
Fabrega and Donovan, both juniors at ESF, will work with a network of scientists, nongovernmental organizations, professors and students who research biodiversity and conservation at sites around the globe, as well as work with the local people to help conserve their natural resources. Operation Wallacea is a United Kingdom-based organization that runs biological and conservation research sites in 11 countries.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210