College Adds Pulp and Paper Lab
Surplus from Marshall Hall construction funds new lab
Because of the Great Depression, the College received something of a bonus from the construction of Marshall Hall, the second building on the College campus. Costs were declining and final cost for the building was approximately $50,000 less than the appropriation. That money became available for other buildings. With the departments of pulp and paper and wood utilization needing new laboratory space, it was decided to use the funds to build a one-story, factory-type building to house the pulp and paper laboratory. The building was constructed in the spring and summer of 1932 at a total cost of about $60,000.
- Farther from the Forest: ‘Eye-opening’ Study Shows Rural U.S. Loses Forests Faster than Cities
- ESF Professor Awarded Research Grant
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210