ESF Joins Ride-Share Program
Program with SU emphasizes sustainability
A new ride-sharing program jointly offered by ESF and Syracuse University will make it easier for students, faculty and staff to find a travel partner when it comes to carpooling, biking, or even walking to campus.
Provided in collaboration with SU's Office of Off-Campus and Commuter Services, the Syracuse RideShare online program will be offered at no cost to users and will assist students, faculty and staff in choosing sustainable travel options. The goals of the program include encouraging members of the ESF community to travel to campus with others as an alternative to single occupant vehicles; reducing the need for on campus parking and the costs associated with individual travel; and reducing greenhouse gas emissions as part of ESF's Climate Action Plan.
Members of the ESF community can register on the program's website at www.esf.edu/rideshare using their ESF or SU e-mail account to find a carpool, walking, biking or transit partner. Fully secure, the online program will help find ridesharing partners who work or study at ESF or SU.
The RideShare program uses a geocoding technology that searches for matches along a route from a user's origin to destination and offers user-controlled search-defining abilities. It defaults to searches within employer groups and maximizes accessibility and flexibility for users.
"ESF has been hoping to implement a ride sharing program for some time, and we're happy that we have now been able to partner with SU to provide this free service. The connection with users at SU will obviously offer ESF faculty, staff and students more potential travel partners to choose from" said Bob French, vice president for enrollment management and marketing. "This program adds to the College's ongoing efforts to reduce automobile use, which include our CuseCar car-sharing program and preferred campus parking spaces that will be made available for registered ESF car poolers."
To register as an ESF community member and access the Syracuse RideShare website, please visit www.esf.edu/rideshare.
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210