1942: $400 for Room and Board
Off-campus housing required approval
From the 1942-1943 Bulletin of the New York State College of Forestry
Announcement of Courses
"Every undergraduate student on entering the College is required to pay a matriculation fee of $10.00"
"Board and room in Sims Hall is $400 a year, including heat and light …
"Students not in the dormitory or chapter houses must live in houses approved by the University. A list will be sent on request from the Appointment Office. On arrival the student should be sure that he is in an approved house by demanding to see the 'Certificate of Approval.' This will avoid the necessity of moving at a later date."
"Many students attend the College who earn a part of their expenses. The large amount of time spent in the laboratory and in field work by forestry students leaves relatively little time for outside employment. Only the most brilliant students can expect to earn a substantial part of their expenses and maintain satisfactory grades."
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
- Student from Nepal Finds Her Niche at ESF
- The Little Acorn that Could
- Maureen Mahle Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210