1942: $400 for Room and Board
Off-campus housing required approval
From the 1942-1943 Bulletin of the New York State College of Forestry
Announcement of Courses
"Every undergraduate student on entering the College is required to pay a matriculation fee of $10.00"
"Board and room in Sims Hall is $400 a year, including heat and light …
"Students not in the dormitory or chapter houses must live in houses approved by the University. A list will be sent on request from the Appointment Office. On arrival the student should be sure that he is in an approved house by demanding to see the 'Certificate of Approval.' This will avoid the necessity of moving at a later date."
"Many students attend the College who earn a part of their expenses. The large amount of time spent in the laboratory and in field work by forestry students leaves relatively little time for outside employment. Only the most brilliant students can expect to earn a substantial part of their expenses and maintain satisfactory grades."
- Farther from the Forest: ‘Eye-opening’ Study Shows Rural U.S. Loses Forests Faster than Cities
- ESF Professor Awarded Research Grant
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210