1942: $400 for Room and Board
Off-campus housing required approval
From the 1942-1943 Bulletin of the New York State College of Forestry
Announcement of Courses
"Every undergraduate student on entering the College is required to pay a matriculation fee of $10.00"
"Board and room in Sims Hall is $400 a year, including heat and light …
"Students not in the dormitory or chapter houses must live in houses approved by the University. A list will be sent on request from the Appointment Office. On arrival the student should be sure that he is in an approved house by demanding to see the 'Certificate of Approval.' This will avoid the necessity of moving at a later date."
"Many students attend the College who earn a part of their expenses. The large amount of time spent in the laboratory and in field work by forestry students leaves relatively little time for outside employment. Only the most brilliant students can expect to earn a substantial part of their expenses and maintain satisfactory grades."
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210