ESF Basketball Players Trade Texts for Children's Books
Club participates in elementary school reading program
The ESF men's basketball club team visited East Syracuse Elementary School March 30 to be guest readers for the school's Parents as Reading Partners Program (PARP). The players met with Principal Pat Charboneau before reading various books to the K-5 classes in the building.
The players shared their collegiate experiences in academics and athletics along with the importance of teamwork in both sports and life.
"This was just a great opportunity for our players to get out into the community and share their experiences," said head Coach Scott Blair. "With some of our players looking toward education as a possible future career path after ESF, this was a great way for them to connect with our area youths."
As sophomore guard Josh Puzan noted, "It was fun because the kids made it fun - they really enjoyed having us there."
The event was part of the PARP program's "Exercise Your Mind, Read" series, a week of reading focusing on teamwork and featuring various local sports teams as guest readers during the two-week event.
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210