ESF Basketball Players Trade Texts for Children's Books
Club participates in elementary school reading program
The ESF men's basketball club team visited East Syracuse Elementary School March 30 to be guest readers for the school's Parents as Reading Partners Program (PARP). The players met with Principal Pat Charboneau before reading various books to the K-5 classes in the building.
The players shared their collegiate experiences in academics and athletics along with the importance of teamwork in both sports and life.
"This was just a great opportunity for our players to get out into the community and share their experiences," said head Coach Scott Blair. "With some of our players looking toward education as a possible future career path after ESF, this was a great way for them to connect with our area youths."
As sophomore guard Josh Puzan noted, "It was fun because the kids made it fun - they really enjoyed having us there."
The event was part of the PARP program's "Exercise Your Mind, Read" series, a week of reading focusing on teamwork and featuring various local sports teams as guest readers during the two-week event.
More ESF News
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210