ESF Basketball Players Trade Texts for Children's Books
Club participates in elementary school reading program
The ESF men's basketball club team visited East Syracuse Elementary School March 30 to be guest readers for the school's Parents as Reading Partners Program (PARP). The players met with Principal Pat Charboneau before reading various books to the K-5 classes in the building.
The players shared their collegiate experiences in academics and athletics along with the importance of teamwork in both sports and life.
"This was just a great opportunity for our players to get out into the community and share their experiences," said head Coach Scott Blair. "With some of our players looking toward education as a possible future career path after ESF, this was a great way for them to connect with our area youths."
As sophomore guard Josh Puzan noted, "It was fun because the kids made it fun - they really enjoyed having us there."
The event was part of the PARP program's "Exercise Your Mind, Read" series, a week of reading focusing on teamwork and featuring various local sports teams as guest readers during the two-week event.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210