ESF to Host Biotechnology Symposium
Cultivating economic growth to be event focus
Cultivating economic growth will be the focus of the Central New York Biotechnology Symposium to be hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry June 3.
The 2011 Central New York Biotechnology Symposium will bring together the region's most promising and innovative biotechnology companies involved in drug discovery and development, manufacturing of biologicals and cell-based therapies, bioremediation, agricultural biotechnology, and bioproducts and bioenergy.
Sessions on small company business development and international collaboration will be included. A special lunchtime event will present the final design and operating parameters of the Central New York Biotechnology Research Center (CNY BRC), an incubator facility for biotechnology companies located in the Kennedy Square section of Syracuse.
The symposium will include two parallel program tracks: Uses of Biotechnology to Improve Health Careand Improving the Environment Through Applications of Biotechnology. Each will include presentations and panel discussions.
This year's symposium, to be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Syracuse, will include a networking reception and poster session June 2 with the opportunity to visit vendor table displays.
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210