Sunday, May 19, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
- Dr. Thomas Amidon Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
- Three ESF Employees Honored with Chancellorís Awards
- Rosen Fellowships Allow Students to Pursue Exciting Projects
- ESF Professor Earns Highest Faculty Honor
ESF to Host Biotechnology Symposium
Cultivating economic growth to be event focus
Cultivating economic growth will be the focus of the Central New York Biotechnology Symposium to be hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry June 3.
The 2011 Central New York Biotechnology Symposium will bring together the region's most promising and innovative biotechnology companies involved in drug discovery and development, manufacturing of biologicals and cell-based therapies, bioremediation, agricultural biotechnology, and bioproducts and bioenergy.
Sessions on small company business development and international collaboration will be included. A special lunchtime event will present the final design and operating parameters of the Central New York Biotechnology Research Center (CNY BRC), an incubator facility for biotechnology companies located in the Kennedy Square section of Syracuse.
The symposium will include two parallel program tracks: Uses of Biotechnology to Improve Health Careand Improving the Environment Through Applications of Biotechnology. Each will include presentations and panel discussions.
This year's symposium, to be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Syracuse, will include a networking reception and poster session June 2 with the opportunity to visit vendor table displays.