ESF to Host Biotechnology Symposium
Cultivating economic growth to be event focus
Cultivating economic growth will be the focus of the Central New York Biotechnology Symposium to be hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry June 3.
The 2011 Central New York Biotechnology Symposium will bring together the region's most promising and innovative biotechnology companies involved in drug discovery and development, manufacturing of biologicals and cell-based therapies, bioremediation, agricultural biotechnology, and bioproducts and bioenergy.
Sessions on small company business development and international collaboration will be included. A special lunchtime event will present the final design and operating parameters of the Central New York Biotechnology Research Center (CNY BRC), an incubator facility for biotechnology companies located in the Kennedy Square section of Syracuse.
The symposium will include two parallel program tracks: Uses of Biotechnology to Improve Health Careand Improving the Environment Through Applications of Biotechnology. Each will include presentations and panel discussions.
This year's symposium, to be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Syracuse, will include a networking reception and poster session June 2 with the opportunity to visit vendor table displays.
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
- Blackstone LaunchPad Hosts Syracuse Qualifier for Hult Prize
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210