ESF Students Receive Travel Scholarships
LA students to study in Spain and New Zealand
SYRACUSE - Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were awarded scholarships by Sigma Lambda Alpha (SLA) Honor Society of Landscape Architecture.
Katy Johnson and Jeffrey Tunkey, students in ESF's landscape architecture program, were each awarded $500 travel scholarships to support travel related to their studies.
During their fifth-year, landscape architecture students spend a semester abroad conducting independent research. Johnson, a fifth-year senior from Munnsville, will study in Auckland, New Zealand. Tunkey, also a fifth-year senior from East Aurora, will spend his semester abroad in Barcelona, Spain.
"Each year SLA awards a maximum of six travel grants, so for ESF students to receive two of them is quite a feather in ESF's cap," said Richard Hawks, chair of the Department of Landscape Architecture.
More ESF News
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210