ESF Professor Wins Award for Innovative Fiction
Novella to be published in fall 2012
Patrick Lawler, professor emeritus at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), is the winner of the 2010 Ronald Sukenick/American Book Review Prize for Innovative Fiction.
The award-winning novella, Rescuers of Skydivers Search Among the Clouds, is scheduled for publication in fall 2012.
The Ronald Sukenick/American Book Review Prize for Innovative Fiction is given to works that are of"high quality and exceptional ambition whose styles, subject matter, or forms push the limits of American publishing and reshape our literary culture."
In addition, Lawler's poetry manuscript,Trade World Center, was the third-place winner of the Cathlamet Prize for Poetry. It is scheduled to appear on Ampersand, a poetry smartphone app.
Lawler was director of ESF's Writing Program under the Department of Environmental Studies from 1990 to 2009.
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210