ESF Professor Wins Award for Innovative Fiction
Novella to be published in fall 2012
Patrick Lawler, professor emeritus at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), is the winner of the 2010 Ronald Sukenick/American Book Review Prize for Innovative Fiction.
The award-winning novella, Rescuers of Skydivers Search Among the Clouds, is scheduled for publication in fall 2012.
The Ronald Sukenick/American Book Review Prize for Innovative Fiction is given to works that are of"high quality and exceptional ambition whose styles, subject matter, or forms push the limits of American publishing and reshape our literary culture."
In addition, Lawler's poetry manuscript,Trade World Center, was the third-place winner of the Cathlamet Prize for Poetry. It is scheduled to appear on Ampersand, a poetry smartphone app.
Lawler was director of ESF's Writing Program under the Department of Environmental Studies from 1990 to 2009.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210