ESF Grad Student to Attend UN Conference
Anna Davidson to coordinate caucus on sustainable consumption, production
Anna Davidson, an environmental studies graduate student at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), will attend the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development as a youth delegate this month.
The conference will serve as a forum for national and civil society representatives to make international policy on sustainable development. This conference was a result of the1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro.
At ESF Davidson is working with Professor Jack Manno on sustainable household consumption. At the conference she will coordinate the global youth caucus lobbying on the Sustainable Consumption and Production theme.
"I'm incredibly excited at the chance to put all the learning on sustainable consumption I've done at ESF into practice at such a high level of policy making," said Davidson.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210