ESF Grad Student to Attend UN Conference
Anna Davidson to coordinate caucus on sustainable consumption, production
Anna Davidson, an environmental studies graduate student at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), will attend the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development as a youth delegate this month.
The conference will serve as a forum for national and civil society representatives to make international policy on sustainable development. This conference was a result of the1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro.
At ESF Davidson is working with Professor Jack Manno on sustainable household consumption. At the conference she will coordinate the global youth caucus lobbying on the Sustainable Consumption and Production theme.
"I'm incredibly excited at the chance to put all the learning on sustainable consumption I've done at ESF into practice at such a high level of policy making," said Davidson.
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210