ESF Grad Student to Attend UN Conference
Anna Davidson to coordinate caucus on sustainable consumption, production
Anna Davidson, an environmental studies graduate student at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), will attend the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development as a youth delegate this month.
The conference will serve as a forum for national and civil society representatives to make international policy on sustainable development. This conference was a result of the1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro.
At ESF Davidson is working with Professor Jack Manno on sustainable household consumption. At the conference she will coordinate the global youth caucus lobbying on the Sustainable Consumption and Production theme.
"I'm incredibly excited at the chance to put all the learning on sustainable consumption I've done at ESF into practice at such a high level of policy making," said Davidson.
- ESF President Joins U.S. Leaders : 'We Are Still In’ on Paris Agreement
- Mighty Oaks Welcome a New Coach
- SUNY Ranks among Top 100 Worldwide for Patents Granted in 2016
- Philosopher’s Camp Returns to Newcomb Campus
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210