ESF Grad Student to Attend UN Conference
Anna Davidson to coordinate caucus on sustainable consumption, production
Anna Davidson, an environmental studies graduate student at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), will attend the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development as a youth delegate this month.
The conference will serve as a forum for national and civil society representatives to make international policy on sustainable development. This conference was a result of the1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro.
At ESF Davidson is working with Professor Jack Manno on sustainable household consumption. At the conference she will coordinate the global youth caucus lobbying on the Sustainable Consumption and Production theme.
"I'm incredibly excited at the chance to put all the learning on sustainable consumption I've done at ESF into practice at such a high level of policy making," said Davidson.
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210