Senator Schumer Supports Alternative Energy at ESF
Visits SUNY-ESF campus to tour the college's energy-research facilities
Free QuickTime plug-in required
Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
U.S. Senator Charles E. Schumer visited the SUNY-ESF campus July 1 to tour the college's energy-research facilities and to support tax incentives that would encourage development in the area of alternative energy.
Schumer said tax credits now pending before the Senate would boost innovative businesses that could create jobs for people in Central New York while developing alternatives to increasingly expensive fossil fuels.
"SUNY-ESF is one of the very bright spots in what seems like a pretty bleak energy future these days," Schumer said. "The tune is too familiar at this point - gas prices are through the roof and consumers are getting slammed. And this means one, very important thing: It's time to get serious about a long-term solution to our energy dependency."
Schumer spoke after a walking tour that included stops at the college's fuel cell, green roof and laboratories in Walters Hall. He also spoke with college faculty members and visiting business leaders about advancements in areas such as bioplastics and cellulosic ethanol.
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210