Friday, December 19, 2014
Subscribe (News reader required)
- EPA Funding for Wetlands Work Benefits ESF Program
- $3M Grant Supports Bioenergy Development
- ESF Named to President’s Community Service Honor Roll
- ESF’s Landscape Architecture Program Nationally Ranked
New York State Green Building Conference Announces New Partnership
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has joined ESF and the Syracuse Center of Excellence as a partner for the 2015 Green Building Conference. Rick Fedrizzi, CEO of the U.S. Green Building Council, will host a plenary session during this year's conference. Fedrizzi and his USGBC colleagues were awarded the United Nations Champion of the Earth award in November for their Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification program. READ MORE
Summer Camp Provides Practical Experience for Students
Camp was important part of college life
Summer Camp was designed to give students practical experience. During the 1930s all students went to camp. Summer Camp was such a mainstay of college life that it had its own publication, Camp Log, that was devoted to camp activities. Each issue contained stories about activities, research papers, jokes (many of which were inside jokes only to be understood by those in attendance), photos and poetry all produced by the students.
- Picture 1 - August 1920, students readied for a two-day location trip.
- Picture 2 - Wash day at summer camp.
- Picture 3 - Interior of students' tent at summer camp on Cranberry Lake.
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210