Sunday, November 29, 2015
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Professor Joins Expedition to Galapagos Home of Rare Tortoises
- ESF Honors Location on Haudenosaunee Territory
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn All-American Honors
- Women's Soccer Team Falls in Semifinals
- ESF Men 2nd, Women 3rd at XC Championships
Summer Camp Provides Practical Experience for Students
Camp was important part of college life
Summer Camp was designed to give students practical experience. During the 1930s all students went to camp. Summer Camp was such a mainstay of college life that it had its own publication, Camp Log, that was devoted to camp activities. Each issue contained stories about activities, research papers, jokes (many of which were inside jokes only to be understood by those in attendance), photos and poetry all produced by the students.
- Picture 1 - August 1920, students readied for a two-day location trip.
- Picture 2 - Wash day at summer camp.
- Picture 3 - Interior of students' tent at summer camp on Cranberry Lake.
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210