Environmental Learning Resources from SUNY-ESF
- Earth Week
Events & activities
- Every year in the week anchored by Earth Day, April 22, ESF students and faculty schedule a series of events and activities to educate, energize and celebrate. Visit the site to see schedules past and future.
- Environmental Information Series
Articles and images
Adirondack Black Bears | Atlantic Salmon in New York | The Coyote in New York State | Engineering Disease-resistant American Elm Trees | Evaluating the Environmental Performance of Wood Building Materials | Home Landscapes for Environmental Sensitivity | How does Forest Harvesting Affect Nitrogen in Streams? | Indoor Air Quality & Indoor Air Sampling for Molds | Making Maple Syrup | The Return of the Wild Turkey | The Right Mix of Trees | The Right Mix of Trees | Soil pH: What It Means | Tent Caterpillars | Today's Christmas Trees | What are Forestry Best Management Practices (BMP)? | Where did your house grow? | Why Leaves Change Color | Willow Biomass for Bioenergy
- Adirondack Black Bears
- Atlantic Salmon in New York
- The Coyote in New York State
- Engineering Disease-resistant American Elm Trees
- Evaluating the Environmental Performance of Wood Building Materials
- Home Landscapes for Environmental Sensitivity
- How does Forest Harvesting Affect Nitrogen in Streams?
- Indoor Air Quality & Indoor Air Sampling for Molds
- Making Maple Syrup
- Reptiles & Amphibians of New York:
- Frogs and Toads
- The Return of the Wild Turkey
- The Right Mix of Trees
- Soil pH: What It Means
- Tent Caterpillars
- Today's Christmas Trees
- What are Forestry Best Management Practices (BMP)?
- Where did your house grow?
- Why Leaves Change Color
- Willow Biomass for Bioenergy
- Nature in Your Backyard
ESF's educational video series
- American Crows
- Bird Feeders
- Common Animal Tracks
- Fall Foliage
- Groundhogs and Hibernation
- House Sparrows
- Invasive Species
- Lake Effect Snow
- Maple Syrup: Why and How?
- Monarch Butterflies
- Nature Journals
- Red-winged Blackbirds
- Sounds of Nature
- Trash Raiders
- Wading Birds
- Wooly Bear Caterpillars
- Going Green
- Internet Resources
Eco-info, green jobs, etc.
- ESF on iTunes U
ESF audio & video resources on Apple's iTunes U.
- ESF on YouTube
Videos for the world.
- Use Native Plants
Help combat invasive species by planting native species.
- Explore Your Watershed
Help protect your drinking water and your environment.
- Save Energy & Save Money
Improve your world and put 'green' in your wallet.
- Urban Forestry: The Value of Trees
Explore the benefits of the urban forest and cultivate oases in the city.
- Upstate NY Recreation
Explore the best Central New York nature has to offer.
- Green Careers
Shape a greener future.
- ESF Online
Online credit courses.
- ESF on iTunes U
- Featured ESF Websites
Amazing places & happenings
- International Institute for Species Exploration—Global taxonomy and biodiversity
- Top 10 New Species—an annual list of amazing, newly discovered species
- ESF in the Florida Keys—Mark Teece studies corals and climate change
- ESF in Antarctica—David Kieber in the Ross Sea
- ESF in Bermuda—Exploring the air-ocean interface
- Cheetahs—Dr. Laurie Marker speaks at ESF
- ESF in Costa Rica—Learn about ESF's new field station
- ESF in Cyprus—Fulbright Professor Ted Endreny in the Med
- Earth Week—An annual tradition at ESF
- ESF in Honduras—Engineers Without Borders work to preserve a fragile ecosystem
- ESF Outreach—Programs for students, teachers and professionals
- Science Friday—ESF hosts NPR's science talk show
- Ecological Footprint Quiz
Assess your impact