John E. Auwaerter
331 Marshall Hall
1 Forestry Dr.
Syracuse, New York 13210
- SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry — MLA, 2000.
- Cornell University, College of Architecture, Art and Planning — M.A. (Historic Preservation Planning), 1992
- Middlebury College — B.A. cum laude (American History/German, Architectural Studies), 1987.
- SUNY Research Scientist and National Park Service Partner, Olmsted Center for Landscape Preservation, 2000-Present. Historical Landscape Architect for preservation planning projects and coordinator of SUNY ESF-Olmsted Center partnership including graduate research and staffing of Center for Cultural Landscape Preservation.
- New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, Historic Preservation Field Services Bureau, Waterford, New York, 1992-1997. Architectural historian for project review (Section 106/14.09) and National Register programs.
- Walter Sedovic, AIA, Locust Valley, New York. 1992. Architectural conservator.
- Bayport Flower Houses, Bayport, New York, 1983-1992. Horticulture, flower and garden design, grounds maintenance.
- LSA 481/681: Cultural Landscape Preservation
- LSA 470/670: Thematic studios in cultural landscape preservation
- LSA 496/696: Preservation Field School
- Guest Lecturer, LSA 671, Cultural History & Theories of Landscape Architecture, LSA 640, Introduction to Research Methods