Former post-docs and associates:
Dr. David Patrick, Paul Smiths College
Dr. Elizabeth Harper, Paul Smiths College
Dr. Courtney Conway, U. Arizona
Dr. Michael Burger, Audubon New York
Dr. Mitschka Hartley, Atlantic Coast Joint Venture/USFWS
Former Graduate students:
· Angela Sirois (MS) - Bog turtle biology and conservation (completed, 5/11); Currently: Stewardship Manager, Western Massachusetts Program, The Nature Conservancy
· Kevin Shoemaker (MS, PhD) - Landscape genetics of bog turtles (completed, 5/11); Currently: joint post-doc Applied Biomathematics / SUNY Stony Book
· Meredith Atwood (MS) - Pool restoration and amphibian production (completed, 5/11); Currently: Ph.D. candidate, Yale University.
· Kristin Winchell (MS) - Aquatic turtle populations along urban-rural gradients (matriculated Columbia University 5/11); Currently: PhD candidate, University Massachusetts Boston.
· Jason Townsend (PhD) - Mercury accumulation in soils, leaf litter, invertebrates, salamanders, and thrushes (completed, 5/11); Currently: post-doc Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology.
· Andrew Myers (MPS) - Bog turtle biology and conservation (completed, 8/11)
· Sam Quinn (MS) - Hellbender status in eastern New York (completed, 1/10); Currently: Land manager, Sunnyside Farms, n. Virginia.
· Angelena Ross (MS) - Spruce grouse conservation (completed, 1/08); Currently: New York Department of Environmental Conservation.
· Viorel Popescu (MS) - Amphibian populations of the Adirondack region (completed, 5/07); Currently: Post-doc (UC Berkeley)
· Nancy Karraker (PhD) - Importance of vernal pools to amphibian production (completed, 1/07); Currently: Faculty, University of Rhode Island
· Hara Woltz (MS, Columbia U.) - Design of road crossing structures for amphibians and reptiles (completed, 5/06); Currently: PhD candidate, Columbia University
· Joel Strong (MS) - Tortoises as seed dispersal agents in the northern Amazon region (co-advised with J. Fragoso, completed 12/05).
· Nuria Bernal (MPS) - Habitat fragmentation and conservation of small mammal communities (completed 8/04); Currently: Associate Researcher - Colección Boliviana de Fauna, La Paz-Bolivia
· Heather Jensen (MS) - Blanding's turtle ecology and conservation (completed 8/04); Currently: US Army Corps of Engineers
· James Arrigoni Jr (MS) - Monitoring approaches for forest amphibians in Belize (completed 5/03); Currently: PhD candidate SUNY-ESF
· Shawn Carter (PhD) - Faunal diversity in relation to forest structure in Adirondack forests (completed 5/03); Currently: US National Park Service, Capitol Region
· David Steen (MS) - Population structure of freshwater turtles in relation to road density (completed 5/03); Currently: PhD Candidate, Auburn University
· Jordan Wolf (MS) - Forest fragmentation, burying beetles, and decomposition processes (completed 5/03); Currently: High School Science Teacher, Queens, New York
· Ilana Cantrell (MS) - Trends in land use and open space in New York State (completed 5/02); Currently: Land Use Planner, Onondaga County, New York
· Greg Shriver (PhD) - Conservation of salt marsh birds along the New England coast (completed 5/02); Currently: Faculty, University of Delaware
· Eriko Motegi (MS) - Allelic diversity in sugar maple in relation to stand disturbance history (completed 5/01); Currently: Instructor Corning Community College
· Kris Whiteleather (MS) - Acid mine drainage and salamander communities (completed 5/01)