Interim Director, Writing Program and Lecturer
107 Marshall Hall
1 Forestry Dr.
Syracuse, New York 13210
- BA Theology-Pacific Union College, Angwin, CA-1990
- MA English- La Sierra University, Riverside, CA- 1997
- Ph.D. Candidate- Composition and Cultural Rhetoric, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- Composition and Rhetoric
- Nature Writing
- Professional Writing
- Environmental Rhetoric
Presentations and Publications
- Presentation "What, rather than Whom: the Challenge of Shifting Stasis in Natural Burial Rhetoric" at Visible Memories Conference in Syracuse, NY, 2008.
- Presentation "The Rhetoric of Natural Burial" at Rhetorical Society of America Conference in Seattle, WA, 2008.
- Presentation "Silence as Rhetoric" at College Composition and Communications Conference in New York City, 2007.
- Presentation Work in Progress "Aphorisms and Public Authorship" at NCTE Research Network forum, San Francisco, CA, 2005.
- Article "Henderson the Rain King Parallel to Stages of Religious Conversion" accepted for publication in the Saul Bellow Journal.
- Article"Commercials in the Courtroom" published in Exercise Exchange, 1997, a refereed journal for composition instructors.
- Won $250 "Best Short Story", La Sierra University, subsequently published.
- Faculty Poetry Presentation, Cayuga Community College, Fulton, NY.
- Poetry Presentation, Writer's Guild, Tompkins-Cortland Community College, Cortland, NY.
- Guest Speaker, Youth Summit Interactive Workshops, Syracuse, NY; Birmingham, AL; and Mobile, AL.
- Graduate Fellowship, Syracuse University
- Professional Equity Scholarship, College Composition and Communication Conference.
- Who's Who, 2001 Professional Management, Service Sector.
- $250 best-short story award, La Sierra University.
- Neff-Lewis Scholarship, La Sierra University.
- EWP 290 - Writing, Humanities, and the Environment
- EWP 410 - Writing for Environmental Professionals