16th Annual New York State Green Building Conference
April 5 & 6, 2018
Marriott Syracuse Downtown, Syracuse, NY
The 16th Annual NYS Green Building Conference will be held on April 5 & 6, 2018 at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown.
- Learn about becoming a Sponsor or Exhibitor
- Conference Agenda (draft)
- This conference is approved for 9 AIA Continuing Education System Learning Units (AIA CE LU/HSWs) for architects, 9 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for engineers, and 4 Continuing Education Credits (CECs/HSW) for landscape architects (and is under review for more!)
As the premier green building conference in the Northeast, our progressive advisory council has fostered our growth by consistently bringing together top green building researchers, educators, and practitioners. Conference participants represent many industries including architecture, engineering, construction, consulting, deconstruction, landscape architecture, government, higher education, K-12 education, state agencies, real estate, and management firms.
The New York State Green Building Conference is hosted by ESF in partnership with:
- U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate
- Syracuse Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems (Syracuse CoE)
2018 Green Building Advocate of the Year Award Nominations
Join the process and send your suggestions. The advocate should be a person who...
- is actively involved in the field of green building, green construction or sustainable building and their supporting disciplines either in a professional or volunteer capacity,
- embodies the ideals of using processes that are environmentally responsible and resource efficient in all stages of building, and
- is prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the environment.
Nominations of individuals from New York State are highly encouraged.
Professor John MardaljevicDaylight modelling expert will present a keynote at 2018 conference
John Mardaljevic is a professor at Loughborough University (UK) and an expert in building daylight modelling, considered the pioneer of Climate-Based Daylight Modelling (CBDM).
In his talk, New York Times to Central Park Tower: Case Studies From An ‘Accidental Practitioner’, Mardaljevic will explore case-studies in which building science research drove major changes in standards or impacted notable building projects.
The mission of the New York State Green Building Conference is to promote, educate and support green building design, construction and processes.
Experience the NYS Green Building Conference in a whole new way by staying at the historic Marriott Syracuse Downtown, formerly Hotel Syracuse, and enjoy this newly renovated hotel with convenient features and a contemporary feel.
To make your room reservations, call the Marriott Syracuse Downtown at (315) 474-2424 or (888) 236-2427 and ask for “ESF Green Building Conference” or reserve online:
Reservations must be made prior to Monday, March 12, 2018 to receive the rate of $139 per night.
Each individual will be responsible for making their own reservations. A credit card guarantee will be required at time of reservation. Individuals may call the hotel or submit their reservation requests via mail. The Marriott Syracuse Downtown is not responsible for individuals who may believe they have reservations but do not have a valid confirmation number from the hotel. Individuals who make reservations outside the block or through third-party agents and e-commerce sites are subject to the terms of that booking and may not change reservations directly with the hotel.
Check in time is 3:00 PM; check-out time is 12 noon.
Marriott Syracuse Downtown
100 East Onondaga Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
Tel: 315-474-2424 (Hotel)
Pre-Conference Training Opportunities
“In association with the 2018 NYS Green Building Conference, join us for FREE Energy Code training! These NYSERDA-supported courses provide information on the 2016 NY Energy Code and resources available to assist with compliance. These free courses provide continuing education credit opportunities, including AIA LU/HSW, ICC, IACET, GBCI, BPI, RESNET and NYSDOS ECCC.
- NYS GBC 2018 Homepage
- Sponsors and Exhibitors
- Advocates of the Year
- Free Energy Code Training Opportunity
- Past NYS Green Building Conferences