Welcome to the NEKDA
- 2015 Membership Dues - Please download the 2015 NEKDA Membership Renewal below:
- Past Meeting Presentations - Please look to the Past Meeting link (to the right) to see some of the topics presented.
- Coming very soon - Spring 2015 Meeting information - location and program.
- 2015 Officers and Board Members (PDF)
- President Tom Graber, Baillie Lumber
- 1st Vice President Arthur Routhier, Maine Woods
- 2nd Vice PresidentPeter Duerden, U*C Coatings
- Executive Secretary Bill Smith, SUNY ESF Wood Products
- Treasurer Bob Pope, USNR Irvington Moore
- Resident Clerk (State of MA) Jason Ayer, Hardwick Kilns
- Past President Dave Nichols, Technical Services
- Board Members -
- 2015 Larry Lashway, Lashway Lumber Jason Ayer, Hardwick Kilns
- 2016 Dan Avery, Gutchess Lumber Jeremy Alstrom, HHP
- 2017 Patrick Howe, Double Aught Lumber Chuck Sackett, King Forest Industries
- Click here to view the technical presentations from our past meetings.
- Useful books and articles on Lumber Drying, Wood Properties and Manufacturing, and Wood Science.
- Dry Kiln Workshop.
- Our 2010 Jim Catterick Award was presented to Everett Rockwell, North Hudson Woodcraft, Dolgeville NY.
- Our 2010 Bill Rice Acheivement Award was presented to Mark Strail, Harden Furniture, McConnellesville, NY, by NEKDA Life Member, former President, former Executive Secretary, and Professor Emeritus Dr. Bill Rice (below).
- Our 2009 Jim Catterick Award was presented to Tom Graber, Baillie Lumber, Smyrna, NY, by NEKDA 2009 President Jeremy Jacquet (below).
- Our 2009 Bill Rice Acheivement Award was presented to Scott Ferland, Cersosimo Lumber, Brattleboro, VT, by NEKDA Life Member, former President, former Executive Secretary, and Professor Emeritus Dr. Bill Rice (below).
- NEKDA Student Scholarship Award Applications - Click here for an NEKDA 2009 student scholarship award application.
- 2009 Fall Meeting - Please contact Bill Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any ideas or suggestions for topics, tours or locations for our fall 2009 or other upcoming NEKDA meetings.
April 7-8, 2009, Lake Placid, NY
Email email@example.com or call 315/470-6832 with questions or for registration information.
Our NEKDA Spring Meeting will be April 7 and 8, 2009, at the Crowne Plaza Resort in beautiful Lake Placid, New York www.lakeplacidcp.com . We will tour Ward Lumber in Jay, NY, and have an excellent technical program for our meeting. Please get out your pen and mark your calenders, call the Crown Plaza at 518/523-2556 or 800/874-1980 to make reservations and mail in your meeting registration. We look forward to seeing you in Lake Placid!
Check out the Spring Meeting page for more information.
Dues for 2009 are payable with the enclosed notice at the rate of $60 for Supporting Member Firm Membership or $20 for an Individual Membership. Your membership and contributions are most appreciated and enable the NEKDA to maintain its activities, mission and service to the wood drying and processing industry. Your prompt mailing of the updated membership forms and payment will insure correct listing in the 2008 Membership Directory. Please note the information about your products and services being requested to make our Directory more useful to customers and suppliers. Also, to facilitate electronic communication, please provide email addresses.
- Download the 2009 NEKDA Dues Notice and Form (PDF)