Welcome to the NEKDA
- 2014 NEKDA Fall Meeting
- October 29 & 30 - Wednesday and Thursday
- Plant Tours, on Wednesday morning
- Kiln Operator's Clinic, on Wednesday afternoon
Kiln Humidity and Psychrometrics - Bill Smith, SUNY ESF
Using Wood Moisture Meters - Tom Lauranzi, Delmhorst Instrument Co.
Measuring Lumber with Light – Vision Tally, Walter Mcllvain – Industrial Vision Systems
An Update on the status on Invasive Insects and Pathogens, Compliance and Maintaining Kiln Calibration and Certification – Kimberly Merenz, USDA APHIS
Kiln Motor Recommendation, Maintenance, and Repair - Éric Bourque EBI Electric
Kiln Schedule Modification - Bill Smith, SUNY ESF
- Click here to view the technical presentations from our past meetings.
- Useful books and articles on Lumber Drying, Wood Properties and Manufacturing, and Wood Science.
- Dry Kiln Workshop.
- Our 2010 Jim Catterick Award was presented to Everett Rockwell, North Hudson Woodcraft, Dolgeville NY.
- Our 2010 Bill Rice Acheivement Award was presented to Mark Strail, Harden Furniture, McConnellesville, NY, by NEKDA Life Member, former President, former Executive Secretary, and Professor Emeritus Dr. Bill Rice (below).
- Our 2009 Jim Catterick Award
was presented to Tom Graber, Baillie Lumber, Smyrna, NY, by NEKDA 2009 President Jeremy Jacquet (below).
- Our 2009 Bill Rice Acheivement Award was presented to Scott Ferland, Cersosimo Lumber, Brattleboro, VT, by NEKDA Life Member, former President, former Executive Secretary, and Professor Emeritus Dr. Bill Rice (below).
April 7-8, 2009, Lake Placid, NY
Email email@example.com or call 315/470-6832 with questions or for registration information.
Our NEKDA Spring Meeting will be April 7 and 8, 2009, at the Crowne Plaza Resort in beautiful Lake Placid, New York www.lakeplacidcp.com . We will tour Ward Lumber in Jay, NY, and have an excellent technical program for our meeting. Please get out your pen and mark your calenders, call the Crown Plaza at
518/523-2556 or 800/874-1980
to make reservations and mail in your meeting registration. We look forward to seeing you in Lake Placid!
Check out the Spring Meeting page for more information.
Dues for 2009 are payable with the enclosed notice at the rate of $60 for Supporting Member Firm Membership or $20 for an Individual Membership. Your membership and contributions are most appreciated and enable the NEKDA to maintain its activities, mission and service to the wood drying and processing industry. Your prompt mailing of the updated membership forms and payment will insure correct listing in the 2008 Membership Directory. Please note the information about your products and services being requested to make our Directory more useful to customers and suppliers. Also, to facilitate electronic communication, please provide email addresses.