Welcome to the NEKDA
- 2016 Spring Meeting - May 4-5 Concord, NH
- Holiday Inn
172 North Main St, Concord, NH; NEKDA rate $104,
- call 603/224-9534
- program - pdf (word)
- meeting registration - pdf (word)
- HHP sawmill tour, 10:00 am Wednesday
- Kiln Operator's Clinic
- Technical Sessions
- Controlling Drying and Maintaining Quality using Anchor Seal wax and Shade Dri UV Resistant Polypropylene Mesh Fabric; Peter Duerden, U*C Coatings
- An Update on Heat Treatment for Export; Matt Pomeroy, NeLMA
- HRV – Heat Recovery Vents for Kilns; Jeremy Howard, NYLE Dry Kilns
- Safety around Lumber Mill and Kiln Operations; Scott Lawson, The Lawson Group
- Steam - basics and troubleshooting coils and traps; George Moynihan, R.L. Stone Co., Michel Poulin, Armstrong Heat Transfer Group and Dennis Ford, F.W. Webb
- Kiln temperature and energy audits; Dan Avery, Gutchess Lumber
- Holiday Inn 172 North Main St, Concord, NH; NEKDA rate $104,
- 2016 Jim Catterick Industrial Award Nomination - pdf - word
- 2016 Bill Rice Achievement Award Nomination - pdf - word
- 2016 Membership Dues - Please download the 2016 NEKDA Membership Renewal (pdf)
- 2016 Officers and Board Members (PDF)
- President, Arthur Routhier, Maine Woods
- 1st Vice President, Peter Duerden, U*C Coatings
- 2nd Vice President, Larry Lashway, Lashway Lumber
- Executive Secretary Bill Smith, SUNY ESF Wood Products
- Treasurer Bob Pope, USNR Irvington Moore
- Resident Clerk (State of MA) Jason Ayer, Hardwick Kilns
- Past President, Tom Graber, Baillie Lumber
- Board Members -
- 2016 Dan Avery, Gutchess Lumber
- 2016 Jeremy Alstrom, HHP
- 2017 Patrick Howe, Double Aught Lumber
- 2017 Chuck Sackett, King Forest Industries
- 2018 Jim Parker, Vacutherm
- 2018 Ed McMullen, Tioga Hardwoods
- Past Meeting Presentations - Please look to the Past Meeting link (to the right) to see some of the topics presented.
- Coming very soon -
- Click here to view the technical presentations from our past meetings.
- Useful books and articles on Lumber Drying, Wood Properties and Manufacturing, and Wood Science.
- Dry Kiln Workshop.
- Our 2010 Jim Catterick Award was presented to Everett Rockwell, North Hudson Woodcraft, Dolgeville NY.
- Our 2010 Bill Rice Acheivement Award was presented to Mark Strail, Harden Furniture, McConnellesville, NY, by NEKDA Life Member, former President, former Executive Secretary, and Professor Emeritus Dr. Bill Rice (below).
- Our 2009 Jim Catterick Award was presented to Tom Graber, Baillie Lumber, Smyrna, NY, by NEKDA 2009 President Jeremy Jacquet (below).
- Our 2009 Bill Rice Acheivement Award was presented to Scott Ferland, Cersosimo Lumber, Brattleboro, VT, by NEKDA Life Member, former President, former Executive Secretary, and Professor Emeritus Dr. Bill Rice (below).
- NEKDA Student Scholarship Award Applications - Click here for an NEKDA 2009 student scholarship award application.
- 2009 Fall Meeting - Please contact Bill Smith at email@example.com if you have any ideas or suggestions for topics, tours or locations for our fall 2009 or other upcoming NEKDA meetings.
April 7-8, 2009, Lake Placid, NY
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315/470-6832 with questions or for registration information.
Our NEKDA Spring Meeting will be April 7 and 8, 2009, at the Crowne Plaza Resort in beautiful Lake Placid, New York www.lakeplacidcp.com . We will tour Ward Lumber in Jay, NY, and have an excellent technical program for our meeting. Please get out your pen and mark your calenders, call the Crown Plaza at 518/523-2556 or 800/874-1980 to make reservations and mail in your meeting registration. We look forward to seeing you in Lake Placid!
Check out the Spring Meeting page for more information.
Dues for 2009 are payable with the enclosed notice at the rate of $60 for Supporting Member Firm Membership or $20 for an Individual Membership. Your membership and contributions are most appreciated and enable the NEKDA to maintain its activities, mission and service to the wood drying and processing industry. Your prompt mailing of the updated membership forms and payment will insure correct listing in the 2008 Membership Directory. Please note the information about your products and services being requested to make our Directory more useful to customers and suppliers. Also, to facilitate electronic communication, please provide email addresses.
- Download the 2009 NEKDA Dues Notice and Form (PDF)