ESF Newcomb Campus
Encompassing over 15,000 acres of Adirondacks wildlands, ESF's Newcomb Campus offers incomparible opportunities for learning and research.
Newcomb is the yearround home to three major centers of study and public education:
- Adirondack Ecological Center (AEC)
AEC researchers from throughout the world study the natural and cultural systems of the Northern Forest.
- Northern Forest Institute (NFI)
...a working partnership between ESF, Open Space Institute, NYSDEC, NYS Adirondack Park Agency, Northern Forest Center, Adirondack Wild, Purdue University's Department of Organizational Leadership and others.
- Adirondack Interpretive Center (AIC)
The AIC serves thousands of visitors, local residents and program participants each year. Learn more about AIC programs, drop-in center and nature trails.
IMAGE BY GEORGE FOSTER, ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDSEE GEORGE'S FLICKR SITE
- Adirondack Leadership Challenge
April 22-24, 2016
- AEC Short Courses
- EFB 484/684: Winter Mammalian Ecology, February 19-21 and March 13-19, 2016
- EFB 418: Interpretion of Field Biology (May)
- EST 496: Introduction to the Adirondack Park: the Great Conservation Experiment, May 16 - May 27, 2016 (Maymester)
- Interdisciplinary Scholarship in Land Use & Ethics: Poetics, June 10-12, 2016
- Call for Papers (PDF)
- Practical Ethics for Professional Scientists and Foresters (an ongoing, 'on-demand' program, PDF)
- Interpretive Naturalist Internship, Summer 2016 (PDF)
- Past Offerings: