Student Involvement & Leadership Office
EXPLORE | CONNECT | LEAD
The Student Involvement and Leadership Office serves to support and promote the development of the whole student through co-curricular involvement, community building, and leadership development.
The Student Involvement and Leadership Office seeks to enrich and empower the students of SUNY-ESF to become active and successful citizens of the world.
- Provide inclusive social, cultural, and educational opportunities for all students on campus through a variety of involvement opportunities including workshops, trainings, educational sessions, student-led programming, and recognition opportunities.
- Provide consulting, advising, and leadership opportunities for student association, student organizations, faculty and staff advisors, and other students and colleagues of ESF.
- In collaboration with various Student Affairs offices, provide educational, social, and recreational activities to promote balance, wellness, and healthy lifestyles to help students increase their productivity in the classroom and their overall satisfaction with the college experience.
- Cultivate a welcoming, inclusive, and respectful climate for all students and their families.
- Offer on-campus and off-campus events for students, faculty, staff, and families that recognize and celebrate the achievements of students and the ESF campus.
As an ESF student, you have access to over 350 student groups, here at ESF and at Syracuse University. These professional, recreational, service and social affiliations can help to facilitate a well-rounded education. On our own campus there are over 30 ESF student organizations, and over 300 at Syracuse University.
Whether your plans lead to self employment or working with others, well defined organizational, communication, and management skills will be vital. Such experience is gained through student organization membership, attendance at skill-building seminars, and volunteer services.
How to get involved
Becoming involved in campus activities and organizations can and should be much more than attending an occasional meeting or social event. When capitalized upon, out-of-class opportunities can provide a forum for leadership, skill development and personal growth. Take full advantage of your ESF education. Complement your superior academic experience with out-of-class involvement. Should you have any questions regarding involvement, please don't hesitate to contact the Director of Student Involvement & Leadership.
"The effectiveness of the undergraduate experience relates to the quality of campus life. It is directly linked to the time students spend on campus and to the quality of their involvement in activities. It is not an exaggeration to say that students who get involved stay enrolled." Ernest L. Boyer
"There is substantive evidence that (students) who participate in campus activities are more likely to succeed in college than those who do not." Lee M. Uperaft
Student Involvement & Leadership Links
- Meet the Staff
- Clubs and Organizations
- ESF's First Year Experience
- Graduation (Convocation & Commencement)
110 Bray Hall is the place to go for information and assistance
- Academic Year
Monday- Friday 8am - 4:30pm
Monday-Thursday 8am -4pm
Friday 8am - Noon
Laura D. Crandall, MS
Director of Student Involvement & Leadership
110 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210