The Office of International Education (OIE)
The Office of International Education (OIE) provides general support and services to:
- New and current ESF international students and their dependents; and
- Current ESF students interested in studying abroad.
- New and current ESF research scholars and student interns.
OIE also acts as an emergency point of contact for students conducting research abroad and participating in international programs and for ESF faculty taking students abroad.
Walk-in Advisement Hours are Monday - Thursday 9:00am-11:30am and 1pm-3pm. Hours of operation change at the beginning of every academic vacation period (i.e., summer and winter break).
Please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Study AbroadOffice of International Education
SUNY-ESF is committed to enhancing the internationalization of ESF students’ academic experiences. ESF believes strongly that international experiences provide students with the opportunity to develop the skills necessary to be informed, active, responsible, and culturally-sensitive global citizens.
The Office of International Education assists students who wish to participate in the College’s diverse study and research abroad opportunities noted below.
- SUNY-ESF Faculty-led, Short-term International Academic Courses
- SUNY-ESF Exchange Programs
- Off-Campus Study and Study Abroad Programs offered through Non-ESF Institutions (SUNY system, Syracuse University, affiliated programs and non-affiliated programs)
- Student Research and Non-Academic Programs Abroad
Study Abroad Related Inquiries
Office of International Education, OIE@esf.edu
Emily Quackenbush, Coordinator of International Education
110 Bray Hall
Syracuse, NY 13210
(315) 470-6691 (Phone)
(315) 470-6978 (Fax)