University Police Department
The University Police Department is responsible for providing the ESF college community with a safe and healthful environment in which to work, live and learn. The department is service oriented and specializes in meeting the needs of an urban college. The duties of the University Police include foot and mobile patrol, law enforcement, criminal investigations, medical emergency coordination, community relations, traffic and parking services and crime prevention.
Under Section 355, Subdivision 2, Paragraph L of the State Education Law, University Police Officers are defined as "Police" and "shall have the powers of Police Officers as set forth in section 1.20(34) of the Criminal Procedure Law."
The University Police Department is dedicated to providing the highest degree of protection possible to you and your possessions during your career at ESF, but to do that, we need your help. We encourage all members of the campus community to get involved in their own safety and to feel free to contact us whenever they become aware of a situation that falls within our charter.
- Daily Log
- CRIME ALERTS!
- Contacting ESF University Police
- Duties (we respond to all crimes and serious incidents on campus)
- Services Available
- Parking and Traffic Regulations
- Ticket Appeal form
- Campus & Area Maps & Directions
- Crime Prevention
- Emergency Response
- ESF Campus Security Act Reports
- NY State Sex Offender Registry
- Other Law Enforcement Sites
- Title IX, Non-Discrimination Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions