Admission to the Ranger School
- Ranger School website
- Ranger School Transfer Student Factsheet
- Internal Transfer Application Ranger School to Syracuse Campus (PDF)
- Internal Transfer Application Syracuse to Ranger School Campus (PDF)
The associate degrees offered at The Ranger School campus of SUNY-ESF are “1 + 1” programs enrolling students for the second year of study after they complete their first-year requirements at SUNY-ESF's Syracuse campus or the college of their choice. The Ranger School website provides more information on the A.A.S. degree programs in Forest Technology, Environmental and Natural Resources Conservation. and Land Surveying Technology, including first year requirements to be completed at the first college attended.
Many Ranger School students decide to continue their education by transferring to one of the bachelor degree programs offered at the SUNY-ESF Syracuse campus, usually Forest Resources Management (Forestry) or Natural Resources Management. By following a “1 + 1 + 2” plan with appropriate course selection and scheduling students can usually complete both the associate and bachelor degrees within four years.
Candidates may apply to The Ranger School as high school seniors, transfer students from other institutions or internally from SUNY-ESF Bachelor degree programs. The application process you follow depends on which type of student you are, as outlined below. When you decide on your application pathway, just click on the link for the steps to follow.
- High school students may apply to SUNY-ESF's Syracuse campus for First-Year Admission to complete the first-year requirements for both the associate degree as well as a bachelor degree if they wish to follow the “1 + 1 + 2” plan. They can apply through either the Early Decision or Regular First-Year application process.
- High School students can follow the “1 + 1” plan to prepare to enter The Ranger School after attending another college to complete the first-year requirements. Under this plan, students apply for first-year admission at a SUNY college or the college of their choice and apply for sophomore entry at The Ranger School under the Guaranteed Transfer option.
- College students can apply for Transfer Admission as they complete the first-year requirements. Transfer students are encouraged to enroll at one of our Cooperative Colleges.
- Current SUNY-ESF students may apply for internal transfer to either of the associate degree programs offered at The Ranger School campus. Application forms are available in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 218 Gateway Center.
Application Filing Dates
- All applicants Recommended Filing Date: November 1, 2021
- Early Decision First-Year Deadline: December 1, 2021
- Regular First-Year Recommended Filing Date: February 1, 2022
- Guaranteed Transfer Recommended
Filing Date: February 1, 2022
- Transfer Recommended Filing Date: March 1, 2022
*Applications will still be accepted after this date and will be considered for admission on a space available basis.
TOEFL DI: 2530
NYS TAP: 0950