Latinx Students: Initiatives for Support, Engagement & CompletionCampus CalendarEvent Website
Monday, October 1, 2018
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Location: 408 Baker Laboratory
Join the Chief Diversity Officer and representative attendees of the first-ever New Faculty Retreat on October 1, 2018 and walk away with practical, research-based data and next step strategies that aim to develop an environment and support programs that promote Latinx student success and completion.
As a result of this discussion, you will be able to:
• Identify deficit frameworks that negatively impact Latinx students —increase their success by engaging their positive attributes and
re-framing support to capitalize on those strengths!
• Recognize opportunities to elicit student accomplishments — create an environment that empowers students to thrive!
• Analyze and assess current Latinx support programs— refine and reshape what you offer to ensure a strengths-based approach so
students engage, succeed and graduate.
• Utilize the current national data and research related to today's Latinx student populations — make decisions, write opportunities
for Latinx students into your next grant, create programs and act to ensure you meet the unique needs of these students and help
them overcome potential challenges to persist on campus.
• Identify key campus stakeholders that interact and engage with Latinx students both in and out of the classroom — provide a
collaborative approach to positively impact their success and completion.
Sponsor: Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
Sunday, February 17, 2019
Add Your Event to the Calendar
Any ESF student, faculty or staff member with a valid username and password for the following systems is welcome to submit an event, announcement or news item for sharing on the web and social media.