Remembrance Day for Lost SpeciesCampus Calendarhttps://www.facebook.com/events/1331228987060491/
Thursday, March 5, 2020
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: Baker 408, Gateway Tabling Space
Event Description: On Thurs., March 5, in collaboration with the Center for Native Peoples and the Environment, SUNY-ESF students will host a day-long series of campus activities in observance of Remembrance Day for Lost Species. (A tradition that originated in the UK, Remembrance Day for Lost Species is “a chance each year to explore the stories of extinct and critically endangered species, cultures, lifeways, and ecological communities” (www.lostspeciesday.org).
The day will include a a storytelling circle, a ceremony, a species appreciation walk, educational games, and more (see schedule below).
The central event will be a ceremony held during College Hour (11am - 12:30pm) where we will gather as a campus community to hold space for the grief, remembrance, and healing needed to restore our relationships with each other and with our fellow beings.
For more information, contact Jess Cherofsky (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Schedule to date (updates to come):
• Ceremony for Grief and Appreciation, followed by a meal: 11am-12:30pm [Baker 408]
• Threatened Species Jenga: 11am-12:45pm [Gateway]
• Species Appreciation Walk through ESF campus and Oakwood Cemetery: 12:45-1:45pm [Leaving from ceremony space in Baker 408]
• Extinction Gallery: Time/Location TBA
• Collaborative Braided Rug Crafting: Time/Location TBA
• Story Circle: Time/Location TBA
Stay tuned for a final schedule!
Sponsor: Center for Native Peoples and the Environment
Monday, July 13, 2020
Add Your Event to the Calendar
Any ESF student, faculty or staff member with a valid username and password for the following systems is welcome to submit an event, announcement or news item for sharing on the web and social media.