SUNY ESF career steps include fashion and dinner
Where do I go from here?
(Syracuse) “Where do I go from here? How do I find a job? What graduate school should I look at? Who do I talk too? Should I dress up for the interview?” Questions SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will answer with Career Steps which includes a series of workshops, job fair, fashion show and an etiquette dinner organized by the Office of Experiential Learning beginning February 9, 2006.
“We want our students to have the best chance possible to move on from college in the direction they want,” said John Turbeville, Coordinator of ESF Experiential Learning.
Turbeville continued, “Career Steps is a comprehensive process designed for the graduating student but helpful for any student to make their next move to further their education or enter the world of work.”
Three one-hour workshops will be held:
Resumes and Cover Letters
- February 9, 2006 James Hockey and Peter Koval from O’Brien and Gere Engineers, Incorporated will help students prepare an effective resume and cover letter. (6:30PM 140 Baker Hall)
- February 16, 2006 Phillip Goodrum from Syracuse Research Corporation will discuss the art of networking, how the people you meet can help your search for a job or an internship. (6:30PM 140 Baker Hall)
Dress for Success Fashion Show
- February 23, 2006 Greg Victory from Syracuse University Career Services will explain how applicants can make a good first impression
The ESF Office of Multicultural Affairs has obtained help from JC Penney to create a ‘dress for success’ fashion show with fellow ESF students doing the modeling. (6:30PM 140 Baker Hall)
- March 1, 2006 The ESF Office of Career Services will introduce students to organizations, companies, and lines of work associated with ESF fields of Study with a career fair, 10:30AM 3:00PM in Alumni Lounge of Marshall Hall.
- March 2, 2006 This presentation will cover the table manners important in making a great impression at a dinner interview. (6:30PM Goldstein Alumni and Faculty Center, Syracuse University)
* * *
Release No. 46, February 3, 2006
Recent ESF News
- Promoting a contagion of gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
- ESF to Hold Online Commencement
- ESF’s American Chestnut Research Featured in New York Times Magazine
- Are Fishers in the North Country on the Decline?
- ESF-SU Solar Decathlon Team Earns Honorable Mention in National Competition
- Mighty Oaks Coaches on the Frontlines of the COVID-19 Fight
- City and County Proclaim 4/22 SUNY ESF Day
- ESF Students Open Homework Hotline for Grades K-12
- Every Day is Earth Day at ESF No Matter Where the Students Are
- Ranger School Students Complete Residential Program and Graduate
- Deep Dive for Big Results
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210