ESF Professor named to CELA Academy of Fellows
Associate Professor James F. Palmer
SYRACUSE, N.Y. SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) Associate Professor James F. Palmer was elected to the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture (CELA) Academy of Fellows.
Palmer is part of the inaugural class of the CELA Academy of Fellows which honors faculty members’ lifetime accomplishments in teaching, scholarship/creative activity and service.
Palmer, a specialist in quantitative social sciences and natural resource planning, was nominated by the Vermont ASLA Chapter for his contributions to the field of landscape architecture. He has taught for more than 22 years in the Faculty of Landscape Architecture at ESF.
Palmer’s work concentrates on environment and behavior, applying scientific processes to measure a landscape’s aesthetic appeal. He has examined the shared cultural ideas of what constitutes beauty in a landscape.
Palmer received his bachelor’s degree in both politics and environmental studies from University of California Santa Cruz. He earned his Master of Landscape Architecture and Ph.D. from University of Massachusetts Amherst.
###Release No. 53, 3/14/06
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210