ESF Students Receive Chancellor's Award
Deborah Visco and Laura Wayne
SYRACUSE,N.Y. Deborah Visco of Huntington Station and Laura Wayne of Skaneateles were presented with their awards during a ceremony at the Empire State Convention Center where they received framed certificates and medallions, which may be worn at commencement.
Chancellor's Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Visco is an environmental and forest biology major. She has been on the President's High Honors List every semester and is a SUNY Alumni Memorial Scholarship Honorable Mention winner. She is a member of the ESF Green Campus Initiative executive board. Visco is a chemistry tutor, and an orientation leader, and earned the Gold Award as a Girl Scout of America.
Wayne is a biotechnology major and received presidential high honors. She is active in ESF's Honors Program and will complete her bachelor's degree in only three years. She was selected in a national competition to receive a summer undergraduate research fellowship from the American Society of Plant Biologists. Wayne serves as a research intern at Johns Hopkins University between semesters and has volunteered at Roberts Middle School in Syracuse. She founded the Bioethics Club at ESF in 2005 and is an accomplished dancer and musician.
Recent ESF News
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
- ESF Student Designed Bridge Judged Most Innovative
- ESF College Foundation Honors Daley with Teaching Award
- 2019 Commencement: 'You Are My Family,' Student Speaker Says
- Students Recognize Contributions of Staff, Faculty
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- ESF to Honor Dr. Bernard Amadei with Honorary Degree
- ESF Student Completes First Year of Leadership Training in Bioeconomy
- Patrick Jackson Honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210