ESF Students Back to Campus for Start of 2006-2007 Academic Year
More than 1,700 students begin fall semester
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact email@example.com if more information is required.
SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) expects to enroll more than 1,700 students for the fall 2006 semester.
Students began returning to the college's Syracuse campus Wednesday, Aug. 23 for registration and orientation activities.
ESF welcomed some 242 first-year students and 192 new transfer students. New graduate students totaled 108. Thirty-four new students registered for classes at ESF's Ranger School in Wanakena, N.Y. August 20.
Returning undergraduate students are expected to number about 860 and returning graduate students about 295.
ESF's Office of Student Life offers two award-winning orientation programs for new students. "Evolutions" introduces freshmen and their families to life at ESF, while the "Transitions" program aids incoming transfer students.
Sessions on student life and college services help families become more familiar with college life.
Saturday, Aug. 26, all incoming freshmen will participate in ESF's third annual Saturday of Service. Work sites and projects are organized in partnership with the Syracuse City Department of Parks and Recreation and Onondaga County Parks.
The new students will assist in brush and debris clean up in Burnet, Sunnycrest, Lincoln and Elmwood parks; and projects at the Rosamond Gifford Zoo at Burnet Park, Ste. Marie Among the Iroquois and Carpenter's Brook Fish Hatchery.
"We believe the Saturday of Service sets an example of how important public service and connecting with our community is to SUNY-ESF," said Leah Flynn, coordinator of Student Programs.
Through ESF's Service Learning Program students, faculty and staff will contribute in excess of 65,000 hours of community service over the course of the coming academic year.
* * *
Release No. 6, 8/25/06
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210