2006 Joachim Forum at SUNY-ESF Examines Issues in Forest Products Industry
October 25 & 26, 2006
SYRACUSE The 13th annual Joachim Center for Forest Industry, Economy and Environment Forum will be held Oct. 25 and 26, 2006, at the State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF), Syracuse campus.
The 2006 Joachim Forum deals with emerging energy and carbon- reducing technologies and sustainable products in the forest products industry. According to Joachim Center Director William Tully, the forum will explore important scientific, engineering, management and societal considerations regarding these critical economic and environmental matters.
"The possibilities of such sustainable scientific and engineering developments are being explored at SUNY-ESF and in a number of forest products companies where innovative management and leadership can create a preferred future for the industry in society," Tully said.
On the first day of the Joachim Forum, a seminar will feature four distinguished experts who explore emerging innovations in the pulp and paper industry. Speakers include Shijie Liu, associate professor at SUNY-ESF; William J. Burke, technology manager of Johnson Controls; Peter Ince, senior research scientist at U.S. Forest Products Laboratory; and G. Ronald Brown, research director at Mead Westvaco Corp.
On the second day, a panel of experts drawn from corporate member leaders of the Syracuse Pulp and Paper Foundation, the Empire State Paper Research Associates and the ESF faculty will examine opportunities and educational needs for the forest products industry in a carbon constrained world.
Scholars and management professionals have been invited to attend. The forum is being held in conjunction with the annual meeting of the Syracuse Pulp and Paper Foundation and the fall meeting of the Empire State Paper Research Associates.
Dr. William P. Tully Director
Recent ESF News
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
- ESF to Hold Online Commencement
- ESF’s American Chestnut Research Featured in New York Times Magazine
- Are Fishers in the North Country on the Decline?
- ESF-SU Solar Decathlon Team Earns Honorable Mention in National Competition
- Mighty Oaks Coaches on the Frontlines of the COVID-19 Fight
- City and County Proclaim 4/22 SUNY ESF Day
- ESF Students Open Homework Hotline for Grades K-12
- Every Day is Earth Day at ESF No Matter Where the Students Are
- Ranger School Students Complete Residential Program and Graduate
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210