Gibbs, Teece Receive Foundation Awards
Exceptional Achievement in Teaching
Two associate professors have been chosen as recipients of the 2006 Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching.
Dr. James P. Gibbs of the Faculty of Environmental and Forest Biology Faculty and Dr. Mark Teece of the Faculty of Chemistry received the awards October 24 during the ESF College Foundation annual meeting.
Gibbs was cited for his dedication in the classroom to more than 200 students each year and service related to professional scholarly activities. Teece was cited for his enthusiasm and ability to make chemistry relevant to his peoples daily lives. Both faculty members are known for their accessibility to students and their extraordinary efforts to help students succeed.
The Foundation Award was established in 1999 to celebrate the accomplishments of ESF faculty and staff members who excel at the art of teaching. Recipients are nominated by faculty chairs and selected by campus-wide committee. The Foundation provides winners with a personalized recognition plaque and a cash award of $1,000. A permanent plaque displayed in the Bray Hall rotunda lists the names of all recipients.
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210