SUNY-ESF Earns 'Best Buy' Designation from Barron's
A great school at a great price
SYRACUSE The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is listed in the ninth edition of Barron's Best Buys in College Education.
ESF is one of 247 colleges and universities listed, and one of only five SUNY institutions in the book.
"For students who not only love the environment but are committed to learning how to preserve it through highly specialized and challenging curricula with plenty of hands-on experience, the answer may be SUNY-ESF," the book states.
"When the financial experts at Barron's pick only 247 colleges to include in their 'Best Buys' guide book, you have to be pleased to be among the schools selected," said Dr. Robert C. French, ESF's vice president for enrollment management and marketing. "What we especially like about this ranking is that Barron's surveys current students in the process and asks them about the quality of each college and not just the cost. As a part of the State University system, SUNY-ESF is very affordable, but we are also a very strong school academically, and that is what provides the real value to students and their families. This Barron's listing also comes after ESF was ranked the 43rd best value among national universities by U.S. News and World Report earlier this year, so there's some strong agreement that this is a great school at a great price!"
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210