SUNY-ESF’s Landscape Architecture Program Receives National Ranking
The Department of Landscape Architecture at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) has, for the second year in a row, been ranked among the nation’s top programs in that discipline.
In rankings compiled by DesignIntelligence, the undergraduate program at ESF was ranked 12th in the United States. The graduate program was ranked ninth.
When the survey results were broken down by region, the ESF undergraduate program did even better, with employers in the northeast ranking the college second in the region.
The study ranks programs accredited by the Landscape Architecture Review Board, based on the participation of leading landscape architecture firms and public practitioners.
DesignIntelligence also named ESF’s George W. Curry, a SUNY Distinguished Teaching Professor and the William Munsey Kennedy Distinguished Faculty Chair, a 2007 Landscape Architecture Educator of the Year. Curry was one of only eight educators from around the country to receive the honor. He is a specialist in urban design and historic preservation.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210