ESF President Murphy Joins in the Painting of the Green Stripe
Dr. Murphy to march as Grand Marshal in parade
ESF President Cornelius B. ‘Neil’ Murphy, Jr., participated Friday (March 16) in the traditional painting of the green stripe on Salina Street in downtown Syracuse.
The stripe marks the route of the Syracuse St. Patrick’s Parade, which Murphy will preside over as grand marshal.
The parade steps off at noon Saturday, March 17.
Scores of ESF students and staff members will also participate in the parade. In keeping with the parade’s theme of “Irish Trailblazers,” ESF’s environmentally friendly bio-diesel bus will be decorated with posters telling the story of the college’s pioneering work in education, research and service related to the environment.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
- Three New Book Projects for Distinguished Professor
- Grant funds New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Hazardous Air Pollutant Exposure Linked as Contributing Factor to COVID-19 Mortality in the United States
- Governor Announces Partnerships with SUNY Schools to Reduce Waste, Improve Recycling Across State
- Forest Carbon Sink Neutralized By Pervasive Growth-Lifespan Trade-offs
- Researchers Investigating a Renewable Solvent for Biofuel Production
- Prof J. Scott Turner Receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to Namibia for Building Effective Online Educational Media
- ESF Faculty/Trustee Appointed to New York State Climate Action Council Advisory Panels
- Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
- Ph.D. Student Jenny Frank Featured Presenter on Biodiesel
- ESF’s Landscape Architecture Department Moves Downtown
- ESF Researchers at Forefront of SARS-CoV2 Monitoring
- ESF’s Board of Trustees to Meet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210