ESF's 'We Bleed Green' Contingent Supports Neil Murphy as Parade Grand Marshal
St. Patrick's Day Parade, Syracuse, 2007
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if more information is required.
ESF President Cornelius B. 'Neil' Murphy, Jr., led hundreds of marchers through downtown Syracuse March 17 in the city’s annual St. Patrick’s Parade.
Murphy, sporting a top hat and shillelagh, was accompanied by his wife, Joanne, and members of his family.
Scores of ESF students and staff members also participated, marching behind a banner that stated, "We Bleed Green." They repeated the theme on their T shirts and on thousands of "window cling" stickers that were distributed to the crowd.
Behind them was ESF's environmentally friendly bio-diesel bus, decorated with posters telling the story of the college's pioneering work in education, research and service related to the environment. In keeping with the parade’s theme of "Irish Trailblazers," the posters told the story of ESF's "firsts," including the first program in paper science, the first course in urban wildlife, and the first carbonate fuel cell in New York.
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210