ESF's 'We Bleed Green' Contingent Supports Neil Murphy as Parade Grand Marshal
St. Patrick's Day Parade, Syracuse, 2007
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact email@example.com if more information is required.
ESF President Cornelius B. 'Neil' Murphy, Jr., led hundreds of marchers through downtown Syracuse March 17 in the city’s annual St. Patrick’s Parade.
Murphy, sporting a top hat and shillelagh, was accompanied by his wife, Joanne, and members of his family.
Scores of ESF students and staff members also participated, marching behind a banner that stated, "We Bleed Green." They repeated the theme on their T shirts and on thousands of "window cling" stickers that were distributed to the crowd.
Behind them was ESF's environmentally friendly bio-diesel bus, decorated with posters telling the story of the college's pioneering work in education, research and service related to the environment. In keeping with the parade’s theme of "Irish Trailblazers," the posters told the story of ESF's "firsts," including the first program in paper science, the first course in urban wildlife, and the first carbonate fuel cell in New York.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
- Three New Book Projects for Distinguished Professor
- Grant funds New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Hazardous Air Pollutant Exposure Linked as Contributing Factor to COVID-19 Mortality in the United States
- Governor Announces Partnerships with SUNY Schools to Reduce Waste, Improve Recycling Across State
- Forest Carbon Sink Neutralized By Pervasive Growth-Lifespan Trade-offs
- Researchers Investigating a Renewable Solvent for Biofuel Production
- Prof J. Scott Turner Receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to Namibia for Building Effective Online Educational Media
- ESF Faculty/Trustee Appointed to New York State Climate Action Council Advisory Panels
- Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
- Ph.D. Student Jenny Frank Featured Presenter on Biodiesel
- ESF’s Landscape Architecture Department Moves Downtown
- ESF Researchers at Forefront of SARS-CoV2 Monitoring
- ESF’s Board of Trustees to Meet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210