ESF Students Receive Chancellor’s Award
Steven Fox and Breeanne Neal
SYRACUSE, N.Y. Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored with the Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence during an April ceremony in Albany.
Steven Fox of Grand Rapids, Mich., and Breeanne Neal of Sherburne were presented with their awards during a ceremony at the Empire State Convention Center, where they received framed certificates and medallions, which may be worn at commencement.
Chancellor Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Fox is a natural history and interpretation major. He is president of the Undergraduate Student Association, an orientation leader, peer tutor coordinator, admissions volunteer, and vice president of the honor society Alpha Xi Sigma.
Neal is an environmental biology major. She is an orientation leader, head student-to-student mentor, and vice president for Alpha Xi Sigma; plays intramural sports at Syracuse University; and is graduating a semester early. She plans to attend SUNY Albany's School of Public Health this fall to work on a master's in public health in epidemiology.
Recent ESF News
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210