ESF Students Receive Chancellor’s Award
Steven Fox and Breeanne Neal
SYRACUSE, N.Y. Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored with the Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence during an April ceremony in Albany.
Steven Fox of Grand Rapids, Mich., and Breeanne Neal of Sherburne were presented with their awards during a ceremony at the Empire State Convention Center, where they received framed certificates and medallions, which may be worn at commencement.
Chancellor Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Fox is a natural history and interpretation major. He is president of the Undergraduate Student Association, an orientation leader, peer tutor coordinator, admissions volunteer, and vice president of the honor society Alpha Xi Sigma.
Neal is an environmental biology major. She is an orientation leader, head student-to-student mentor, and vice president for Alpha Xi Sigma; plays intramural sports at Syracuse University; and is graduating a semester early. She plans to attend SUNY Albany's School of Public Health this fall to work on a master's in public health in epidemiology.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210