ESF Earns Place as 'Cutting-Edge' School in Kaplan Guide
2008 edition of "You Are Here"
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is listed among 25 “Cutting-Edge Schools” in the 2008 edition of “You Are Here,” a college guide by Kaplan Publishing.
The cutting-edge schools are tied to what are described as “50 of today’s hottest career paths.” Those paths include several ESF specialties: chemistry, environmental engineering, environmental science and hydrology, and landscape architecture.
“The typical ESF student is—no surprise here—outdoorsy and committed to environmental responsibility,” the book states.
“ESF students forego football in favor of their nationally ranked Woodsmen’s Team—we said it’s outdoorsy—and soccer, golf and hockey clubs.”
Kaplan produces more than 150 titles annually on topics such as test preparation, college and graduate school admissions, and finance and investing.
Recent ESF News
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210