ESF Earns Place as 'Cutting-Edge' School in Kaplan Guide
2008 edition of "You Are Here"
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is listed among 25 “Cutting-Edge Schools” in the 2008 edition of “You Are Here,” a college guide by Kaplan Publishing.
The cutting-edge schools are tied to what are described as “50 of today’s hottest career paths.” Those paths include several ESF specialties: chemistry, environmental engineering, environmental science and hydrology, and landscape architecture.
“The typical ESF student is—no surprise here—outdoorsy and committed to environmental responsibility,” the book states.
“ESF students forego football in favor of their nationally ranked Woodsmen’s Team—we said it’s outdoorsy—and soccer, golf and hockey clubs.”
Kaplan produces more than 150 titles annually on topics such as test preparation, college and graduate school admissions, and finance and investing.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Brings Science to the New York State Fair
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
- ESF Professor Honored by Russian University
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210