ESF Earns Place as 'Cutting-Edge' School in Kaplan Guide
2008 edition of "You Are Here"
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is listed among 25 “Cutting-Edge Schools” in the 2008 edition of “You Are Here,” a college guide by Kaplan Publishing.
The cutting-edge schools are tied to what are described as “50 of today’s hottest career paths.” Those paths include several ESF specialties: chemistry, environmental engineering, environmental science and hydrology, and landscape architecture.
“The typical ESF student is—no surprise here—outdoorsy and committed to environmental responsibility,” the book states.
“ESF students forego football in favor of their nationally ranked Woodsmen’s Team—we said it’s outdoorsy—and soccer, golf and hockey clubs.”
Kaplan produces more than 150 titles annually on topics such as test preparation, college and graduate school admissions, and finance and investing.
Recent ESF News
- Graduate Student Named Indigenous Communities Fellow
- ESF Ranked No. 4 Green College by Princeton Review
- Celebrate National Forest Products Week
- Writing On Behalf of the Environment
- Reading the Scales
- ESF Student Leads Hometown to Climate Smart Community Certification
- ESF Students Dig into Community Service
- The Geography of Publishing in the Anthropocene
- Brew-gooders Raise More Than a Glass for Wildlife
- Sierra Club Puts ESF Among Nationís Top Cool Schools
- City Fit: NSF Grant Explores Evolution in Urban Areas
- Chittenango Ovate Amber Snails Released at Chittenango Falls State Park
- Landscape Architecture Students Activate ESF Quad
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210