ESF Earns Place as 'Cutting-Edge' School in Kaplan Guide
2008 edition of "You Are Here"
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is listed among 25 “Cutting-Edge Schools” in the 2008 edition of “You Are Here,” a college guide by Kaplan Publishing.
The cutting-edge schools are tied to what are described as “50 of today’s hottest career paths.” Those paths include several ESF specialties: chemistry, environmental engineering, environmental science and hydrology, and landscape architecture.
“The typical ESF student is—no surprise here—outdoorsy and committed to environmental responsibility,” the book states.
“ESF students forego football in favor of their nationally ranked Woodsmen’s Team—we said it’s outdoorsy—and soccer, golf and hockey clubs.”
Kaplan produces more than 150 titles annually on topics such as test preparation, college and graduate school admissions, and finance and investing.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210