Forest Biorefinery Conference
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact email@example.com if more information is required.
ESF, O’Brien & Gere and Catalyst Renewables co-sponsored a Forest Biorefinery Conference October 9th and 10th to establish a path forward to cellulosic ethanol and other bio-products.
On September 27th, ESF demonstrated exactly how the forest biorefinery will work by taking newspaper, television and radio reporters through the entire process from turning logs into wood chips, pressure-cooking the chips to extract the sugar, separating the sugar from the other products and then fermentation to produce the ethanol.
Recent ESF News
- Annual Career Fair Connects Students and Employers
- Senator Schumer, ESF Officials Support Northern Forest Research Initiative
- ESF Students Sustain with Stories
- Community invited to participate in Westcott Nation research project
- ESF, Clarkson University Name Co-Directors of Center of Excellence on Healthy Water Solutions
- ESF Becomes Tobacco-free Campus
- ESF Professor Joins in Discovery of Thought-to-be Extinct Tortoise
- Dr. Robin Kimmerer’s Braiding Sweetgrass Hits New York Times Best Sellers List
- Articulation Agreement Creates Seamless Pathway from OCC to ESF
- ESF Professor Wins National Award
- Dr. Lemir Teron to Be Honored as Unsung Hero
- New Department Name Reflects Growth in Academic Programs
- ‘Transformational’ Gift from Templeton Foundation Supports Chestnut Restoration
- ESF Professor’s Poetry Book Addresses #MeToo Topics
- AIC Hosts First Day Hike in the Adirondacks
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210