Forest Biorefinery Conference
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact email@example.com if more information is required.
ESF, O’Brien & Gere and Catalyst Renewables co-sponsored a Forest Biorefinery Conference October 9th and 10th to establish a path forward to cellulosic ethanol and other bio-products.
On September 27th, ESF demonstrated exactly how the forest biorefinery will work by taking newspaper, television and radio reporters through the entire process from turning logs into wood chips, pressure-cooking the chips to extract the sugar, separating the sugar from the other products and then fermentation to produce the ethanol.
Recent ESF News
- Senate Hearing on Renewable Energy at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Topple Paul Smith's College in Overtime
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210