ESF Introduces Campus Sustainability Walking Tour
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), the most distinguished institution in the nation that focuses on the study of the environment, is pleased to announce its new Campus Sustainability Walking Tour.
"The ESF campus tour showcases what ESF is doing to create a sustainable environment and it also demonstrates for other institutions how they can incorporate sustainable practices into their own facilities," said ESF President Joanie Mahoney.
The virtual tour, created by the College's Sustainability Division, highlights the sustainable building features and operations found on the Syracuse campus. Users can learn about the campus buildings, histories, and traditions through the main tour, and explore the buildings for a comprehensive look into how they contribute to ESF's prominence in sustainability.
Initially developed to enhance student learning about sustainability outside of the classroom and support ESF's Sustainability Tracking, Assessment, and Rating System (STARS) reporting, it is now also used for admissions, enrollment, and campus engagement.
About SUNY ESF
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is dedicated to the study of the environment, developing renewable technologies, and building a sustainable and resilient future through design, policy, and management of the environment and natural resources. Members of the College community share a passion for protecting the health of the planet and a deep commitment to the rigorous application of science to improve the way humans interact with the world. The College offers academic programs ranging from the associate of applied science to the Doctor of Philosophy. ESF students live, study and do research on the main campus in Syracuse, N.Y., and on 25,000 acres of field stations in a variety of ecosystems across the state.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Named Best Value College, Ranked No. 1 Public School for Making an Impact
- ESF Becomes an Affiliate of Bee Campus USA
- Mighty Oak Monday: Grace Burrows
- ESF Introduces Campus Sustainability Walking Tour
- Ranger School Graduates May 14
- Mighty Oak Monday: Daniela Ilona Manuschevich Vizcarra, ‘14
- ESF Celebrates the Class of 2022
- Dr. Jonathan Cohen Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- Dr. Douglas Johnston Named SUNY Distinguished Service Professor
- ESF Faculty, Staff Receive Chancellor’s Awards
- ESF Announces Honorary Degree Recipient
- ESF Graduates to Be Honored at May 7 Ceremony
- ESF Athletes Celebrated During Annual Banquet
- Mighty Oak Monday: Alicia Fahrner
- ESF Alumna Brie Hymes Receives Norman R. McConney, Jr. Award for Student Excellence
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210