Chemistry Graduate Student wins Poster Award
Jeremy Sullivan wins honor from research association
Jeremy Sullivan, a Ph.D. chemistry student at ESF, has received the Best Student Poster Award for his poster presented at the 2010 International Association of Great Lakes Research (IAGLR) meeting.
The title of the poster was "Discrimination of Phytoplankton on the Basis of Their Pigment Signatures." The award, presented during last year's meeting in Toronto, was announced at this year's meeting in Duluth, Minn.
The award, presented by IAGLR and Hydrolab/Hach Corp., consists of a cash prize and a complimentary one-year membership to the association, which includes a subscription to the Journal of Great Lakes Research.
Sullivan carried out his research with Dr. Gregory L. Boyer, a professor and the chair of ESF's Department of Chemistry. Boyer is also director of the Great Lakes Research Consortium.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210