Chemistry Graduate Student wins Poster Award
Jeremy Sullivan wins honor from research association
Jeremy Sullivan, a Ph.D. chemistry student at ESF, has received the Best Student Poster Award for his poster presented at the 2010 International Association of Great Lakes Research (IAGLR) meeting.
The title of the poster was "Discrimination of Phytoplankton on the Basis of Their Pigment Signatures." The award, presented during last year's meeting in Toronto, was announced at this year's meeting in Duluth, Minn.
The award, presented by IAGLR and Hydrolab/Hach Corp., consists of a cash prize and a complimentary one-year membership to the association, which includes a subscription to the Journal of Great Lakes Research.
Sullivan carried out his research with Dr. Gregory L. Boyer, a professor and the chair of ESF's Department of Chemistry. Boyer is also director of the Great Lakes Research Consortium.
Recent ESF News
- Is Water Quality in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210