SUNY-ESF Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream Featured on WCNY'S "Food for Thought"
State Fair visitors sample science and a tasty treat
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact email@example.com if more information is required.Copyright © All Rights Reserved by copyright holder
The SUNY-ESF booth at the 2008 New York State Fair offered hands-on demonstrations and activities showcasing a number of the College's academic departments. Visitors during the 12-day fair (Aug. 21 through Sept. 1) had the opportunity to make paper, sample liquid nitrogen ice cream, discover the power of water, make a birdfeeder, and learn about the latest in the environmental sciences.
WCNY's Chris Xaver stopped by the ESF booth on September 28 where Drs. Dave Keiber and Kelley Donaghy of ESF's chemistry department showed her the ice cream making process and explained a little science at the same time.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210