Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Kick Off Season With Wins
Men and women both defeat Buccaneers
The ESF men's and women's soccer teams started off the season strong with wins against Jefferson Community College Aug. 28 at Jefferson.
The Mighty Oaks men triumphed 2-0 over the JCC Buccaneers thanks to late goals scored by sophomore Ryan Craig in the 81st minute and junior Josh Spenard in the 90th minute.
"I was very impressed with the newcomers on the team and am looking forward to seeing how the team develops as the season progresses," said ESF Coach Dan Ramin.
Following the men's game, the ESF women were victorious against JCC, winning 3-1. They started the game strong with an early goal scored by sophomore Brooke Harris in the 15th minute, followed by later goals scored by senior Wendy Getman and freshmen Bridget Cuddihi.
"We played great as a team in some crazy conditions," said freshman Goalkeeper Ani Zipkin.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
- Three New Book Projects for Distinguished Professor
- Grant funds New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Hazardous Air Pollutant Exposure Linked as Contributing Factor to COVID-19 Mortality in the United States
- Governor Announces Partnerships with SUNY Schools to Reduce Waste, Improve Recycling Across State
- Forest Carbon Sink Neutralized By Pervasive Growth-Lifespan Trade-offs
- Researchers Investigating a Renewable Solvent for Biofuel Production
- Prof J. Scott Turner Receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to Namibia for Building Effective Online Educational Media
- ESF Faculty/Trustee Appointed to New York State Climate Action Council Advisory Panels
- Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
- Ph.D. Student Jenny Frank Featured Presenter on Biodiesel
- ESF’s Landscape Architecture Department Moves Downtown
- ESF Researchers at Forefront of SARS-CoV2 Monitoring
- ESF’s Board of Trustees to Meet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210