ESF Soccer Teams Victorious Against Club Teams
Men beat Syracuse University; women beat Oswego State
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's soccer teams both played well and secured wins against club teams this past weekend.
The ESF men competed against the Syracuse University club team Friday, Oct. 14, and came away with a 2-1 victory. Sophomore Gideon Ankomah and freshman Kyle Bardwell scored the Mighty Oak's two goals. Senior Eamon Case, the ESF goalkeeper, registered five saves while freshman keeper Mike Walczyk had three.
The ESF women played the SUNY Oswego club team Saturday, Oct. 15, earning a 4-1victory.
Sophomore Brooke Harris and senior Althea Spencer each scored one goal for the Mighty Oaks and junior Kelsey Taylor scored twice. Sophomore keeper Olivia Gagliardi had three saves and freshman keeper Ani Zipkin had four.
Both teams will compete next against SUNY Delhi Friday, Oct. 21.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210