Soccer Teams Secure Victories, Draw
Woman register win, men register win and draw.
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's soccer teams were both victorious this weekend. The women won 5-0 and the men won 2-1 and secured a draw.
The ESF women played through an uneventful first half in their match against SUNY Delhi, with a scoreless tie at halftime. Sophomore Brook Harris and senior Meaghan Dalton brought the team to victory in the second half with a string of goals and freshman Bridget Cuddihy registered her third hat-trick of the season. The women will play next against SUNY IT at 4 p.m. Oct. 24 at the CNY Family Sports Center.
The ESF men also defeated SUNY Delhi. Junior Gideon Ankomah and freshman Kyle Bardwell scored the Mighty Oaks' goals and were supported by strong defense by sophomore Adam Scalisi, junior Tim McNaney, sophomore Marshall Secord, and senior Kevan Busa. Sunday the men faced off against powerhouse Berkeley College and ended with a draw. The team battled to the end, leveling the score with a set piece goal by Busa. The Mighty Oaks outshot the competition 16 to 4 with excellent possession. The men will play next in the first Barkeater Cup match Oct. 28 at Paul Smith's College.
Recent ESF News
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- ESF Center for CCDR Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210