Symposium Focuses on Interdisciplinary Approach
Students in FNRM, EFB to discuss research
Three ESF student groups will sponsor an Intersociety Symposium Friday, March 2, to highlight the research being done in their fields and stress the benefits of an interdisciplinary approach to environmental problems.
The symposium begins at noon in 408 Baker and is expected to last at least into mid-afternoon. Students, faculty and staff are invited to attend.
ESF President Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., will be the keynote speaker.
"We want to talk about how we need to be an interrelated discipline," said Laurie Raskin, vice president of ESF's Forestry Club. "Without the common basis of ecology, none of our groups would even exist."
Raskin, a junior studying in the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management (FNRM), said the program would be of particular interests to students, faculty and staff in FNRM and the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology.
The agenda includes society and research presentations.
The event is sponsored by the Society of American Foresters, the Society for Conservation Biology and the American Fisheries Society. Refreshments will be provided.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210