Symposium Focuses on Interdisciplinary Approach
Students in FNRM, EFB to discuss research
Three ESF student groups will sponsor an Intersociety Symposium Friday, March 2, to highlight the research being done in their fields and stress the benefits of an interdisciplinary approach to environmental problems.
The symposium begins at noon in 408 Baker and is expected to last at least into mid-afternoon. Students, faculty and staff are invited to attend.
ESF President Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., will be the keynote speaker.
"We want to talk about how we need to be an interrelated discipline," said Laurie Raskin, vice president of ESF's Forestry Club. "Without the common basis of ecology, none of our groups would even exist."
Raskin, a junior studying in the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management (FNRM), said the program would be of particular interests to students, faculty and staff in FNRM and the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology.
The agenda includes society and research presentations.
The event is sponsored by the Society of American Foresters, the Society for Conservation Biology and the American Fisheries Society. Refreshments will be provided.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210