SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
Leadership, academic achievements recognized
Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored with the Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence during an April ceremony in Albany.
Colby Fisher of Endicott and David Andrews of Long Lake were presented with their awards during a ceremony at the Empire State Convention Center, where they received framed certificates and medallions, which may be worn at commencement.
Chancellor Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Fisher is an environmental resources engineering major. He is the founder of the SUNY-ESF Student Chapter of the New York Water Environment Association, treasurer for the Environmental Resources Engineering Club and a member of the Provost's Student Advisory Council. He has received numerous scholarships and honors including the ERE Faculty and Alumni Award, Chesapeake Research Consortium Scholarship and ESF Presidential Scholars Award. He is also a member of Alpha Xi Sigma Honor Society, ESF's honor society; and Alpha Phi Omega Community Service Fraternity.
Andrews is an aquatics and fisheries science major. He is president of the Woodsmens Team, ESF's timber sports team; and a member of the Provost's Student Advisory Council and the Intercollegiate Athletics Board. He was a Cranberry Lake Biological Station Undergraduate Research Fellow and a member of the Boy Scouts of America. He was on the Dean's or President's List every semester from 2008 to 2012.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210