ESF's Dr. Maureen Fellows Honored for Environmental Action
Award given for environmental vision and action
SYRACUSE - Dr. Maureen O'Neill Fellows of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry was honored for her leadership in protecting the environment by the Syracuse Commission for Women (SCW).
Fellows, director of governmental relations and institutional planning at ESF, was among six adults and four high school students honored for their environmental vision and action during the SCW's annual Women's History Month luncheon.
The SCW recognizes women, youth and community groups in Central New York for their unique examples and contributions to creating an "eco" friendly environment.
In 2006, Mayor Matthew J. Driscoll re-formed the Syracuse Commission for Women. Its purpose is to realize the rights of women of all ages to equal opportunity and participation in the affairs of the community; to ensure women of all ages freedom from discrimination based on gender and to ensure that they have the benefits of equal opportunity and are able to fully utilize their talents to promote their educational, health, economic and social well-being.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210