Men’s Soccer Team Nips Cazenovia 1-0; Women Fall 3-2
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's soccer teams met the Cazenovia Wildcats Sept. 29, with the men winning 1-0 and the women losing 3-2 despite making a great comeback after having been down by three goals.
For the men, Ryan Graig scored in the 80th minute with an assist from Dan McGraw. Sophomore goalkeeper Mike Walczyk maintained the shutout with eight saves.
"It felt good to get a shutout. " he said, "The back four played extremely well. We need to come out like this every game."
"We fought hard today for a 1-0 victory, it really felt great," said sophomore forward Dillon Buchberg. "Our captain, Ryan Graig, came through with a big goal that gave us a big win. This brings us one step closer to North Carolina, the USCAA National Championships. "
The women's game was more tumultuous, after the Mighty Oaks went down 3-0 early in the game. Brooke Harris scored in the 60th minute and then assisted Mary Clark for a goal in the 75th minute. Goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi had four saves.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210