Soccer Update: Loss for Men, Win for Women
Men face tough competition against University of Maine Fort Kent
The SUNY-ESF men's soccer team had a disappointing loss against the University of Maine Fort Kent Oct. 5.
The Mighty Oaks were down 1-0 early on a loose corner kick but came back to tie ithe score in the 24th minute with a goal from Ryan Graig. The game was tied for most of the first half but UMFK snuck a shot into the net with 40 seconds left in the first half and added two more goals in the second half to seal the 4-1 wn.
Goalkeeper Mike Walcyzk had 14 saves and was helped by excellent defensive play by senior Captain Steven Tyrrell.
UMFK is three-time USCAA National Champion and the current second-place team in the standings. The team is undefeated this season.
The Mighty Oaks women faced the Syracuse University club team Oct. 6 and pulled out a 2-1 win.
Jessica Savo scored both goals, aided by assists from Bridget Cuddihy and Brooke Harris.
Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had seven and two saves respectively.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210