Soccer Update: Loss for Men, Win for Women
Men face tough competition against University of Maine Fort Kent
The SUNY-ESF men's soccer team had a disappointing loss against the University of Maine Fort Kent Oct. 5.
The Mighty Oaks were down 1-0 early on a loose corner kick but came back to tie ithe score in the 24th minute with a goal from Ryan Graig. The game was tied for most of the first half but UMFK snuck a shot into the net with 40 seconds left in the first half and added two more goals in the second half to seal the 4-1 wn.
Goalkeeper Mike Walcyzk had 14 saves and was helped by excellent defensive play by senior Captain Steven Tyrrell.
UMFK is three-time USCAA National Champion and the current second-place team in the standings. The team is undefeated this season.
The Mighty Oaks women faced the Syracuse University club team Oct. 6 and pulled out a 2-1 win.
Jessica Savo scored both goals, aided by assists from Bridget Cuddihy and Brooke Harris.
Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had seven and two saves respectively.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210