Mighty Oaks Men Shut Out CIA, 7-0
Soccer team rebounds after loss to defending champion
The SUNY-ESF men's soccer team scored seven goals and shut out the team from the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) Oct. 7.
It was a big win for the Mighty Oaks, who bounced back to just two days after losing to the defending USCAA champion, the University of Maine at Fort Kent.
The first goal gainst CIA came in the fifth minute by Kyle Siegal on assist by Patrick "Hank" Alcott. Alcott had another assist to Ross Volpe in the eighth minute. Volpe scored his second goal in the 12th minute with an assist from Siegal. Kyle Bardwell scored the final goal of the first half in the 30th minute with an assist from Dillon Buchberg.
The second half saw another goal from Siegal in the 50th minute, assisted by Ryan Graig. Siegal then assisted Dan McGraw's goal in the 62nd minute. Adrian Wiegman scored the final goal in the 80th minute with an assist from Ben Bednarski.
Goalkeepers Mike Walzcyk and Adam Belkadi each had three saves.
"We hammered down on awe-fense and shut them down on defense. Man, it was a great team effort," Alcott said.
Recent ESF News
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- ESF Center for CCDR Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210