Mighty Oaks Men Shut Out CIA, 7-0
Soccer team rebounds after loss to defending champion
The SUNY-ESF men's soccer team scored seven goals and shut out the team from the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) Oct. 7.
It was a big win for the Mighty Oaks, who bounced back to just two days after losing to the defending USCAA champion, the University of Maine at Fort Kent.
The first goal gainst CIA came in the fifth minute by Kyle Siegal on assist by Patrick "Hank" Alcott. Alcott had another assist to Ross Volpe in the eighth minute. Volpe scored his second goal in the 12th minute with an assist from Siegal. Kyle Bardwell scored the final goal of the first half in the 30th minute with an assist from Dillon Buchberg.
The second half saw another goal from Siegal in the 50th minute, assisted by Ryan Graig. Siegal then assisted Dan McGraw's goal in the 62nd minute. Adrian Wiegman scored the final goal in the 80th minute with an assist from Ben Bednarski.
Goalkeepers Mike Walzcyk and Adam Belkadi each had three saves.
"We hammered down on awe-fense and shut them down on defense. Man, it was a great team effort," Alcott said.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210